Sunday, August 19, 2007

Announcements at Dawn

Sometimes life feels like an endless stream of announcements and proclamations, but I suppose we'd be quiet all the time if it weren't this way. Right? Well, I suppose there are questions and answers, but um... shut up. I'm about to make an announcement.

I tried to blog here many moons ago (see posts labeled "old"), but found it too difficult. It's not that I mind that no one is reading this, but I somehow managed to get on some kind of list, and Epistles was drowned in a deluge of spam for dear hunting supplies. On top of hating spam, I'm not totally keen on the idea of sport-killings. My frail constitution couldn't take it, and I waded out of the blogging kiddie-pool.

But I'm happy to announce that I'm back! Thank you. Thank you. You are too kind. Please sit down. There will be a slight shift in focus: frankly, the confessional blog is something I've been moving away from of late. If you don't know where to find my public diaries, I'm certainly not going to tell you now. What I can tell you is that I will try to achieve a semi-daily frequency of posting, and the laborious, slightly antiquated prose-style to which you have become accustomed shall remain in place. I am still as interested as ever in exploring the line between forlorn and cantankerous, and luckily for you, I'm still as confused as ever in this regard. When I make a breakthrough, I'll be sure to announce it to the world.

2 comments:

Asymmetric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Asymmetric said...

People will read a good, witty writer regardless of content. Me: I have to focus on the scandalous and obscene for my readers.

I personally don't like the confessional unless they try to make a bigger point. I don't care that you ran out of mayonnaise at two in the morning