Friday, July 11, 2008

The Epic iPhone Fail



Well, not to say I told you so-- actually, I told you so.

Oh, don't get me wrong: I completely understand how Apple's clusterfuck would blindside you. The original iPhone's release last year did have a hype machine in full swing, lines of sweaty-palmed nerds lined around the block in rapt anticipation, and eventual (inevitable) server overloads under their combined weight, but why would that happen again? Apple must have learned their lesson, right?

It's not your fault. You were duped, like you've been duped before, like you'll be duped again and again. In any case, I thank you for being good guinea pigs. Do let me know when your MobileMe account starts working, won't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

Yesterday there was a sad, pathetic line of latte-holding poseur morons waiting for their 3G. Assholes.

I so wanted to be there too, except that I appreciate having coverage underground. And aboveground.

Unknown said...

Eh, everyone knew there would be problems. Doesn't matter, gadget loving folks with disposable income will flock to it, and they will be happy to pay for the initial inconvenience.

It's as fun to hate on apple as it is to hate on Coldplay. I'm definitely not a fan of the 'tosh empire, but I'm happy they eat up new product. This makes old product fucking cheap. I'm tempted to pick up a 1stg iphone on the cheap.

Of course, the hardware doesn't always hold up over time, so the used market is always a risk. Be it phone, pod, or computer.

Sigh, I love their Os, but why does their hardware have to be more expensive than adopting a 2 month old baby?